Here’s Episode 9 of the Vancouver Is Awesome podcast!
This week’s guest is Sam Sullivan, the former Vancouver mayor and current MLA representing Vancouver False Creek in the legislature. Sam talks about his recent run for the B.C. Liberal leadership and why he continued on with it despite knowing he had a “0.01%” chance of winning. He also shares insight on the lost Chinook Wawa language of B.C., and his Public Salon speaker series which we’re a longtime sponsor of.
Show notes for Episode 9:
– Check out the dead shark they found on Centennial Beach. And another one that was found on the same beach days later.
– Find out the 8 varieties of sharks found in Vancouver waters.
– Pre-paid reservations at are a thing at Cacao now. They’re using Tock.
– Meet False Creek MLA Sam Sullivan and watch some of the videos he produces and shares online.
– There’s one person who fluently speaks the lost Chinook Wawa language of B.C..
– You can download a free PDF of the full dictionary of the Chinook Wawa language.
– Sam’s recitations of Chinook Wawa on Youtube.
– Learn about the Public Salon and get tickets for the event happening February 8th.
Produced and hosted by Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer.
Additional support from Adam Nanji.
Our Associate Producer is Albert Van Santvoort.
We record in the studio at Glacier Media, 303 West 5th Avenue in Mt Pleasant.
Theme song is Vancouver BC by The Smugglers ©1990, available on iTunes.
Come back each week for a new episode!