We’ve released Episode 8 of the Vancouver Is Awesome podcast!
This week’s guest is Mike Howell, City Hall reporter for the Vancouver Courier. He gives us a lesson in civic politics looking at the past, present and future of the people who run our City as well as the parties behind them.
Whether you know nothing about the politics of Vancouver or are hyper-engaged with #vanpoli, we think you’ll gain some insights from this chat.
Show notes for Episode 8:
– East Van Brewing’s grand opening.
– A few other breweries in East Vancouver: Powell Brewery, Andina, Bomber Brewing, Off the Rail, and distillery Odd Society Spirits.
– Adam Sandler and his classic SNL crew hanging out at a cafe in Vancouver.
– Watch a recent episode of What’s Howell Having For Lunch?
– Mike Howell is on Twitter as @Howellings and you should read his column and other reporting on VanCourier.com.
– We vote for School Board, Park Board, and City Council.
– Familiarize yourself with the parties we talked about: the NPA, Vision Vancouver, COPE, the Vancouver Greens, One City.
– Vancouver’s first archivist, Major Matthews.
– The Marpole historical society is a thing.
– Our history TV show BC Was Awesome.
– The Oliver Chronicle did a piece in their paper about our visit and the reason we were in Oliver: to learn about the largest cherry pie ever baked!
– The company that makes our show, Artaban Productions, is quite great.
Produced and hosted by Lindsay William-Ross and Bob Kronbauer.
Additional support from Adam Nanji.
Our Associate Producer is Albert Van Santvoort.
We record in the studio at Glacier Media, 303 West 5th Avenue in Mt Pleasant.
Theme song is Vancouver BC by The Smugglers ©1990, available on iTunes.
Come back each week for a new episode!